[ccwg-internet-governance] DRAFT AGENDA FOR THE CCWG IG PUBLIC SESSION AND CCWG IG F2F MEETING

William Drake wjdrake at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 06:40:12 UTC 2018

Hi Olivier

I’ll be at the HLGM so could add a word on that if desired, but whatever, put me wherever works. Just let me know in advance how long so I don’t forget I’m not at university and ramble on.

Thanks to the folks who expressed interest.

Bill

> On Oct 14, 2018, at 23:02, Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond <ocl at gih.com> wrote:
>
> Dear Bill,
>
> I see that there's been support for your proposal. Is Item 5 really the correct one? That's really about the GAC HLM?
> Or perhaps may I suggest:
> 5. IG Strategic Outlook - The threat of global and national legislation
>   * discussions at HLGM @ ICANN64
>   * Internet issues in World Trade Organisation (WTO) and other trade contexts

> On 12/10/2018 20:34, William Drake wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Sorry just catching up now...further to Farzaneh’s suggestion, if there’s any desire to hear what’s happening with Internet issues in WTO and other trade contexts (quite a lot) I could offer 2 min of highlights under item 5 if there’s interest. If not no worries
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Bill
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On 10 Oct 2018, at 23:48, Nigel Hickson <nigel.hickson at icann.org <mailto:nigel.hickson at icann.org>> wrote:
>>
>>> Colleagues
>>>
>>> Good evening. Further to the dialogue on the list earlier today, I outline below draft agendas for the two Sessions on the Thursday of ICANN 63.  As noted by Farzaneh and Oliver we need participants, and of course new faces would be great.
>>>
>>> We will produce a background Paper on PP-18 outlining potentially controversial proposals and a timeline of some future IG events.
>>>
>>> Best
>>>
>>> Nigel
>>>

>>> Draft Agenda for CCWG IG Public Forum; Thursday 25th October; 10.30 – 12.00
>>>
>>> https://63.schedule.icann.org/meetings/901774 <https://63.schedule.icann.org/meetings/901774>
>>>
>>> 1. Welcome, Introduction
>>>
>>> 2. IGF Paris 2018 and Paris Peace Forum
>>>
>>> Key questions: what are we likely to expect at this IGF? What are ICANN's sessions? What are the topics under discussion that might affect ICANN directly? What role does ICANN have in Peace Forum?
>>>
>>> 3. ITU Plenipotentiary 2018 (PP-18)
>>>
>>> A discussion about the proposals from member states that affect ICANN directly.
>>>
>>> 4. UN Panel on Digital Cooperation
>>>
>>> An introduction on what this panel is expected to do and discussion on relevance to ICANN
>>>
>>> 5. IG Strategic Outlook taking into account discussions at HLGM @ ICANN 64 – The threat of global and national legislation
>>>
>>> Exchange of views on some of the current dynamics in the Internet ecosystem
>>>
>>> 6.  Any Other Business and Closing remarks
>>>
>>> A brief update on development of Charter for the new CCIG EG.
>>>

>>> Draft Agenda for CCWGIG F2F Meeting; Thursday 25thOctober, 12.15 – 13.30hrs
>>>
>>> https://63.schedule.icann.org/meetings/901775 <https://63.schedule.icann.org/meetings/901775>
>>>

>>> 1. Introductions
>>>
>>> 2. Update on introduction of Charter for CC Engagement Group
>>>
>>> Olivier will give update following discussions with SO/AC during week in Barcelona.
>>>
>>> 3. Discussion on IG priorities for ICANN with Board WG on IG;

> [...]

William J. Drake
International Fellow & Lecturer
Department of Communication and Media Research
University of Zurich, Switzerland
william.drake at uzh.ch (direct), wjdrake at gmail.com (lists)
www.williamdrake.org