[ccwg-internet-governance] ITU-D SECTOR MEMBER APPLICATION

cw at christopherwilkinson.eu cw at christopherwilkinson.eu
Fri Mar 1 20:17:20 UTC 2019

Good evening:

I share the analysis and questions set out by Bill Drake and Marilyn Cade.

What are the implications of sector membership of ITU-D for ICANN’s position in the other branches of ITU?

That said, several aspects of ICANN’s work obviously impinge on ITU-D, and full sector membership there would be advantageous.

We have the ICANN Board to make those kinds of determinations, but the Community has to be assured that all aspects have been transparently taken into account.

Regards

CW

PS:  ICANN’s general position in the global regulation of IP and the DNS would be enhanced if we could demonstrate, more effectively, respect for the public interest, world wide.