[ccwg-internet-governance] Fwd: [NRIs List] FW: [IGFmaglist] 2019 Call for Workshop Proposals

William Drake wjdrake at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 09:54:41 UTC 2019

Hi Olivier

You could of course go with ye ole ICANN meets GDPR, although it has been done several times already at WSIS Forums and if memory serves IGF.  But another option building on recent conversations could be something on interweaving intergovernmental and multistakeholder institutions/processes in the wider ecosystem or regime complex.  How have these different models interfaced over the years, what have been the costs/benefits/successes/shortcomings, how if at all might that architecture be improved consistent with the calls in the Tunis Agenda, NETmundial Statement, etc. for improved coordination among entities with governance responsibilities, etc.  This would seem consistent with the 3-pronged Government Engagement strategy etc…

Just a thought,

Bill

> On Mar 5, 2019, at 09:33, Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond <ocl at gih.com> wrote:
>
> FYI - the call for workshop proposals is out. The question this group has to ask itself is whether it wants to file a workshop request?
> Our past proposals can be found on: https://community.icann.org/display/CPMMB/Internet+Governance+Forum <https://community.icann.org/display/CPMMB/Internet+Governance+Forum>

William J. Drake
International Fellow & Lecturer
Department of Communication and Media Research
University of Zurich, Switzerland
william.drake at uzh.ch (direct), wjdrake at gmail.com (lists)
www.williamdrake.org