[ccwg-internet-governance] Fwd: [Gnso-epdp-team] WSIS Forum - GDPR & ICANN

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Wed Mar 20 00:48:04 UTC 2019

Dear Farzaneh,This was discussed in the last call and it was found to be a good idea. Kurt expressed interest and this is not designed to be a debate but rather a summary of the group's work. WSIS audience needs a basic introduction as they are not knowledgeable about the topic.Kindest regards,OlivierSent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: farzaneh badii <farzaneh.badii at gmail.com> Date: 20/03/2019  09:00  (GMT+09:00) To: Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond <ocl at gih.com> Cc: ccwg-internet-governance at icann.org Subject: Re: [ccwg-internet-governance] Fwd: [Gnso-epdp-team] WSIS Forum - GDPR & ICANN Thanks Olivier.I don't quite remember when we agreed on submitting a workshop about EPDP's work to be held at WSIS.  I am worried that the balance of views and representation on this panel would be hard to preserve especially because we don't have funding to send members. Farzaneh On Tue, Mar 19, 2019 at 7:50 PM Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond <ocl at gih.com> wrote:

    FYI - the call from Kurt Pritz to GNSO EPDP participants re: session
    at WSIS Forum.

            [Gnso-epdp-team] WSIS Forum - GDPR & ICANN

            Date:
            Tue, 19 Mar 2019 12:40:03 -0700

            From:
            Kurt Pritz <kurt at kjpritz.com>

            To:
            GNSO EPDP <gnso-epdp-team at icann.org>

      Hi Everyone:

      I hope you all had a safe, uneventful trip back
        home.

      I have been contacted by Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond
        and Nigel Hickson about the upcoming WSIS meeting in Geneva and,
        in particular, that there will be a session concerning GDPR
        & ICANN’s work on it.

      Olivier arranged for such a session with the goal
        that a couple or few members of the EPDP team could attend and
        present. The session is on Thursday, 4 April. I have included
        information regarding the session below. There is no travel
        support available for this. I have looked into going but the
        Magic Eight-ball says “doubtful” at this point.

      If anyone on the team can attend, please let me know
        at your earliest convenience - we are looking for 2-3 people.

      Thanks for considering this and best regards,

      Kurt

        WSIS FORUM
              2019:  8-12 APRIL; GENEVA – WORKSHOP ON ICANN, THE GDPR
              AND WHOIS

        The WSIS
            Forum is a UN organised annual event hosted by ITU to
            discuss developments since WSIS in 2003/5. Overall
            information is at https://www.itu.int/net4/wsis/forum/2019/

        The Agenda
            for the Forum in April is at https://www.itu.int/en/itu-wsis/Documents/Agenda2019/WF19_DraftAgenda.pdf?cb=5URGIG

        The CCWG IG
            at ICANN applied for and was granted the following:

        Thematic
              workshop:  ICANN, the GDPR and WHOIS

        Thursday,
            16.30 – 18.15

        This Session (organised
            with our Cross Community Working Group (CCWG) on Internet
            Governance) will explore the current developments within
            ICANN since the coming into force of the European Union’s
            General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in May 2018. It
            will also provide an update on the current Policy
            Development process (EPDP) to advise on permanent changes to
            the way in which registrant data is captured and displayed
            on the “WHOIS”.

        The Workshop will be
            comprised of 3-5 panellists and thus having at least two
            members of the EPDP would be really constructive.