[ccwg-internet-governance] UN 1st Committee Processes on Responsible State Behaviour in Cyberspace- GGE and OEWG

Nigel Hickson nigel.hickson at icann.org
Thu May 2 21:04:37 UTC 2019

Colleagues

Good evening.  This, drafted by APC, goes over, in some detail, the background on these two UN Initiatives, which we have previously discussed on this List (and in Calls) courtesy of Veni Markovski.

Subject: [Ext] [bestbits] An explainer: UN 1st Committee Processes on Responsible State Behaviour in Cyberspace

Dear all,

In case of interest, I'm sharing here an explainer that Deborah Brown (APC) and I have written on the UN First Committee's two processes on responsible state behaviour in cyberspace.

https://www.gp-digital.org/un-first-committee-processes-on-responsible-state-behaviour-in-cyberspace-a-briefing/ [gp-digital.org]

The aim of the brief is to explain the relevance of the Group of Government Experts and the Open Ended Working Group to cybersecurity and human rights, clarify the current state of play and suggest some opportunities to engage in the processes.

We hope you find it useful, please feel free to share with your networks. Should you have any questions, don't hesitate to get in touch.

Best

Sheetal

--

Sheetal Kumar

Programme Lead | GLOBAL PARTNERS DIGITAL

Second Home, 68-80 Hanbury Street, London, E1 5JL

T: +44 (0)20 3 818 3258| M: +44 (0)7739569514  |
PGP ID: E592EFBBEAB1CF31  | PGP Fingerprint: F5D5 114D 173B E9E2 0603 DD7F E592 EFBB EAB1 CF31|