[ccwg-internet-governance] UN CSTD PLENARY MEETING: 13-17 MAY; 2019

Nigel Hickson nigel.hickson at icann.org
Sun May 19 22:47:27 UTC 2019

Colleagues

Good evening; further to the below, please find attached the WSIS Resolution that was adopted by the CSTD Plenary on Friday night. It will now be considered by ECOSOC later in the year.

The Resolution was negotiated over three days, and has not, to the disappointment of many, significantly moved on from the draft adopted in 2018. Proposals (in the earlier referenced) documentation championing capacity building (including the role played by Community Networks); the potential importance of the UN HL Panel on Digital Cooperation and the potential positive impact on new technologies for development were not agreed.

We will circulate a fuller note in due course.