[ccwg-internet-governance] Important ICANN personnel restructuring

Mazzone, Giacomo mazzone at ebu.ch
Thu Jan 23 08:55:52 UTC 2020

Merci Olivier
For this important communication. Yes I agree totally on the fact that will be a great loss for us not to have anymore Nigel here in Geneva.
He was a reference and secure point of knowledge for any topic related to Internet Governance.
I wish him all the best and I’m sure that this human capital so relevant would not be lost for the community and that he will be back soon under another hat.
On the other side, I see this decision of downsizing the Geneva’s office of ICANN as a bad sign. A sign that goes in the opposite direction in a moment where the importance of a neutral hub such as Geneva in the global discussion on the internet could be crucial. The move of ICANN back to California could be wrongly interpreted. I’m sure that Goran has not this in mind, but it looks inevitably like that.

Long life and good luck to our friend Nigel. Many thanks to him for its work of connectivity among humans.
Giacomo