[ccwg-internet-governance] Important ICANN personnel restructuring

Jorge.Cancio at bakom.admin.ch Jorge.Cancio at bakom.admin.ch
Thu Jan 23 09:21:46 UTC 2020

Dear all
Let me join in the sentiments shared by Giacomo and Bernd.
Nigel was instrumental to resolving many conflicts and problematic issues, with his deep knowledge of Governments’ and IGOs’ sensitivities and modes of proceeding.
I sincerely hope that we will not lose his insights and that he will re-join in a new capacity…
Beyond that, I wish we may obtain further information on what are ICANN’s plans regarding its engagement with IGOs, where Geneva, obviously, plays a key role – especially in contrast with other venues which tend to be less technical and solution-oriented…
Best regards
Jorge