[ccwg-internet-governance] Urgent: applying for sessions at ICANN Cancun meeting

sivasubramanian muthusamy 6.internet at gmail.com
Sun Jan 26 06:13:37 UTC 2020

On Sun, Jan 26, 2020, 10:59 Yeseul Kim <borisu0815 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> What about us focusing more on the IGF+ model and delve more deeply into
> other issues now widely discussed at the UN level  - new convention on
> cybercrime which was approved by the UN last year, etc - and their impacts
> on ICANN's works, etc.
>
> I do believe that DNS Abuse will be one of the most important issues to be
> discussed throughout the whole Cancun meetings in other rooms

+1. If the topic is discussed in other conference rooms, it would be
unnecessary to speak about this, we could discuss topics of greater public
interest. The WG could consider these and a few more suggestions and make a
decision. In any case the deadline for room requests could be complied with
even without specifying the topic.

Sivasubramanian M

as well, so I would like us to talk more about other important issues which
> have been discussed within the IG community after ICANN 66.
>

> Kindest regards,
>  Yeseul Kim
>

> On Sat, Jan 25, 2020 at 11:50 PM sivasubramanian muthusamy <
> 6.internet at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Sat, Jan 25, 2020, 14:22 Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond <ocl at gih.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear Colleagues,
>>>
>>> that time of the year, where we need to put our heads together and apply
>>> for rooms to conduct sessions at the March ICANN meeting is already upon
>>> us. Rather quickly, we need to decide on how many sessions we would like
>>> and what we want to do.
>>>
>>> As a kind reminder, last year we were in Kobe. We had our Public meeting
>>> on Monday 11 March from 15:15-16:45 local time (
>>> https://community.icann.org/x/S4uGBg ) and our F2F meeting which
>>> included the ICANN Board WG on IG on Thursday 14 March from 12:15-13:15
>>> local time ( https://community.icann.org/x/RouGBg )
>>>
>>> As the overall block schedule is likely to be similar to previous years,
>>> I propose that we should be asking generally the same sort of slots as last
>>> year.
>>>
>>> Now comes the proposal on what topic we'd like to address in our public
>>> meeting. Generally our agenda is as follows:
>>>
>>> 1.    Introduction and welcome
>>> 2.    Approval of Agenda
>>> 3.    Single Issue Topic Presentation and Discussion (50 minutes);