[ChineseGP] 答复: follow up to London meeting

Ryan Tan YH ryan at sgnic.sg
Tue Jul 1 06:18:58 UTC 2014

Hi Wang Wei,

Thanks. I agree with the proposed next steps though we should keep the
reduction of the CGP character set as a possible future strategy as
events unfold. This is in case eventually the CJK cannot agree on the
final set of variants for some overlapping codepoints. In that case a
reduction of CGP character set may mitigate some (and hopefully all)
problems.

It is too early to tell really. My sense it is still some way to go
before K *and* J form their GP (and they may not) and produce their
respective character sets. CGP can only complete our tasks on hand and
navigate each obstacle along the way.

Regards,
Ryan