[ChineseGP] FW: fortnightly meeting on 23rd Oct, Thursday

Dillon, Chris c.dillon at ucl.ac.uk
Fri Oct 24 12:39:40 UTC 2014

Dear Zhiwei,

I think officially variant refers to variant label (I find that hard – I always want to use it to refer to variant characters).

According to the LGR Procedure, code points have statuses (either Allocate (which actually means allocatable) or Blocked) which may be different depending on the language. Labels also have statuses, the status of the label being Blocked if any code point in it is Blocked.

For a script, the key thing is the LGR level, rather than the language table level, but variant mapping (variant does mean character variant there!) needs to be the same in language tables and the LGR, even if a language table does not include variants. Perhaps we can think of such a table as inheriting mapping from the LGR.

Regards,

Chris.
--
Research Associate in Linguistic Computing, Centre for Digital Humanities, UCL, Gower St, London WC1E 6BT Tel +44 20 7679 1599 (int 31599) www.ucl.ac.uk/dis/people/chrisdillon<http://www.ucl.ac.uk/dis/people/chrisdillon>