[ChineseGP] [Koreangp] Presentation about CJK Coordination Committee

Dillon, Chris c.dillon at ucl.ac.uk
Mon Oct 12 12:47:42 UTC 2015

Dear Hiro and colleagues,

I have just proofread the slides and found several minor possible edits and some (indicated * below) that could be resolved in more than one way:

S3
Each of CJK has thousands of Han characters.
-> * Each CJK script/language uses thousands of Han characters.

Variant definition is different in different languages
-> * Variant definitions/sets are different in the different languages

Some combination of characters are prohibited in Chinese strings
All combination of characters are allowed in Japanese strings
->
Some combinations of characters are prohibited in Chinese strings
All combinations of characters are allowed in Japanese strings

S4
(in a formal way)
-> (formal)

(as shown in the previous page)
-> (as shown on the previous slide)

experience on Han character domain names
-> experience of Han character domain names

S6
Devising WLE with crafted definition
-> * Devising WLEs with a dedicated/an amended definition

artifices -> artifice

Proposal for coordination between RootLGR and application evaluation panel (i.e., human intervention) is being devised.
Proposal for an algorithm encapsulating RootLGR and being empowered to accept 2 or more applied-for strings is being devised.
->
A proposal for coordination between the Root LGR and the application evaluation panel (i.e., human intervention) is being devised.
Proposal for an algorithm encapsulating the Root LGR and empowered to accept 2 or more applied-for strings is being devised.

Regards,

Chris.
--
Research Associate in Linguistic Computing, Centre for Digital Humanities, UCL, Gower St, London WC1E 6BT Tel +44 20 7679 1599 (int 31599) www.ucl.ac.uk/dis/people/chrisdillon