[ChineseGP] informal gathering in Dallas and the way forward

HiroHOTTA hotta at jprs.co.jp
Mon Mar 23 21:05:00 UTC 2015

Dear CGP/JGP/KGP members,

Thank you for those of you who could make the informal gathering
on March 22 in Dallas happened.

Let me report you about its results as one of the attendees of
the gathering.

<report from the gathering>

Three from CGP (including its Chair) and two from JGP (including
its Chair) made a sincere in-depth discussion on how to proceed
the script-wise LGR generation and the coordination among CJK.
Based on JGP's strawman proposal explained as a starter of the
gathering, they discussed about the framework, algorithm, and
their pros and cons. The proposed framework inherits the concept
of Dr. Zhang's definition that was sent to some members of
CGP/JGP/KGP including all three GP Chairs on March 10, 2015. The
attendees of the gathering there tentatively agreed JGP's
proposal with some small improvements.

Following the gathering, the attendees agreed that
- CGP would continue working on its revised (reduced) LGR
  definition (outcome expected to come up in mid-April)
- JGP would share its experimental draft LGR with CGP (in a
  couple of days) for CGP/JGP to ensure that the strawman
  proposal would work appropriately from technical perspective
  and from script community perspective.
- JGP will work on the improvement of the proposal (in a week)

Of course, CGP and JGP are and will be ready to share their above
output among CGP/JGP/KGP after necessary amendment in due course.

<meeting proposal : expected to be agreed in some form>

Now seeing that the informal process in each GP is advancing, I'd
like to propose a CGP/JGP/KGP coordination meeting in late April
- before mid May at the latest.

May I have opinions on this CJK meeting proposal from CGP/JGP/KGP?
Especially about the feasibility, dates,  and venue.

Regards,
Hiro Hotta, JGP Chair