[ChineseGP] [Japanesegp] some questions for IP on CJK coordinaton

Yoshiro YONEYA yoshiro.yoneya at jprs.co.jp
Fri May 15 13:35:15 UTC 2015

Dear IP members,

First of all, I appreciate Wang Wei san for asking those questions.

> 1)       Terminology for “variant subtype”

>From today's meeting, my understanding about the difference between
variant type and variant subtype is that variant type is one of
(allocatable|blocked|out-of-repertoire-var), and variant subtype is
variant type with some limitation.  If this is correct, I'd like to
reword preliminary terminology text like following.

Before:
(4) Variant type, variant subtype
  Variant type is an attribute of a variant, which indicates the treatment
  of the variant in WLE. Variant type is one of (a) allocatable, (b) blocked
  and (c) out of repertoire var. The “allocatable” variant type can have
  subtype (variant subtype). The variant subtype can be defined by each GP.
  For example, CGP defines (i) simp, (ii) trad and (iii) both variant subtypes.
  Each variant subtype has to have one or more corresponding <action> element
  in WLE.

After:
(4) Variant type, variant subtype
  Variant type is an attribute of a variant, which indicates the treatment
  of the variant in WLE. Variant type is one of (a) allocatable, (b) blocked
  and (c) out of repertoire var. Variant subtype is a variation of variant
  type with certain limitation. For example, in Chinese script, variant type
  "allocatable" are substituted by "simp" (stands for simplified), "trad"
  (stands for "traditional") and "both" (stands for both simplified and
  traditional) subtypes. The variant subtype can be defined by each GP.
  Each variant type and variant subtype has to have one or more corresponding
  <action> element in WLE.

Please give your comment, or reword text if possible.

> 2)       The variant type of “out-of-repertoire”

I found following document which explained out-of-repertoire-var.

https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/43989034/Packaging-MSR-LGR.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1430069072000&api=v2

Any way, I support Wang Wei san's suggestion.

> 3)        suggestion about a new variant type and action type

I think this is possible option.  I'd like to hear IP's opinion about this.

Regards,

--
Yoshiro YONEYA <yoshiro.yoneya at jprs.co.jp>