[ChineseGP] Redefinable

Dillon, Chris c.dillon at ucl.ac.uk
Mon Jun 22 09:52:13 UTC 2015

Dear Yoshiro and colleagues,

I¹d like to start a discussion about improving the last sentence of
terminology 3 (given in full below for context), along the lines mentioned
yesterday:
(3) Disposition
Result of whole level evaluation (WLE). Disposition is assigned to a
label, not to a character. In general, the Root zone process only allows
the two dispositions ³allocatable² and ³blocked² (as well as ³invalid² for
labels that are not valid at all).  And dispositions for the labels are
not redefinable.

There was a feeling yesterday that ³reassignable² may be better than
³redefinable², and ³assign² was already used of ³disposition² in the
second sentence in the paragraph. The meaning would then be that
dispositions cannot change as a result of some other process.
If, on the other hand, the meaning is that it is not possible to create
new dispositions, perhaps we could have something like:
It is not possible to add new dispositions other than ³allocatable²,
³blocked² and ³invalid².

Regards,

Chris.
==

Research Associate in Linguistic Computing, Centre for Digital Humanities,
UCL, Gower
St, London WC1E 6BT Tel +44 20 7679 1599 (int 31599)
ucl.ac.uk/dis/people/chrisdillon