Comments on Stand Alone Recommendations (page 4)

Sam Lanfranco sam at lanfranco.net
Tue Mar 7 19:42:36 UTC 2017

I offer the following comments on the Stand Alone Recommendations (page 4)

For the process to be fair and manageable as good faith conduct it is
essential that “A standard framework be developed” and that “that the
guidelines as…apply to all discussions even if not covered by…Article 20”.
A standard framework is essential for a fair and manageable process, and
minimizes complications that could arise on procedural grounds.

Also the "scope of application" should be as wide as possible in order
to avoid different standards for addressing different issues within ICANN.
This would minimize complications and delays resulting in struggles over
appropriate frameworks in particular cases.

I would be tempted to see these as among first principles with regard to
the task at hand.

Sam Lanfranco, ncsg/npoc

"It is a disgrace to be rich and honoured
in an unjust state" -Confucius
  邦有道,贫且贱焉,耻也。邦无道,富且贵焉,耻也
Dr Sam Lanfranco (Prof Emeritus & Senior Scholar)
Econ, York U., Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - M3J 1P3
email: Lanfran at Yorku.ca   Skype: slanfranco
blog:  https://samlanfranco.blogspot.com
Phone: +1 613-476-0429 cell: +1 416-816-2852