[Comments-info-renewal-18mar19] Possible changes to ICANN and PIR fees.

John jas8 at sky.com
Thu Apr 25 15:41:26 UTC 2019

I have a number of Domains ending .info, however, I am also aware of a
number charitable institutes, on-line specific ailment?? support clubs
and associations with little or no spare funds use these TLD's.
In my opinion to convert what has thus far been a reasonable cost
service provision into the sort of 'wild west' which would be caused by
allowing Public Interest Registry (PIR), to ramp
up charges without restraint is a shocking betrayal of those domain
owners who rely on such fees remaining affordable.
Such an action will be a deplorable disservice to millions of small
business owners and institutions who would be the ones picking up the
bill, and?? worse yet, a bill they would suddenly have no idea regarding
how fast or high future costs might rise. I am frankly shocked that an
organisation such as ICANN would even?? consider such a change in trading
terms as being in any way fair to the billions of domain owners.
Sincerely,
John Smith.
34 Great Grove.
Gloucester UK