[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] Comments from J. Devine

James Devine devine.jd at gmail.com
Sun Apr 28 08:08:42 UTC 2019

Hello,

Having read through the draft proposal, I wish to object to the suggestion
about removing the price caps (Section 2.10). The .org extension is
something used by a voluntary project that I am involved with (
http://cosmicpi.org) and the abolition of this price cap would expose our
volunteers (non-commercial activity, open hardware, open source software)
to the risk of major price increases in our domain registration.

I think the current system should remain in place. If there's a real
pressure to change it,  I suggest you perform an economic analysis of the
expected impacts of such a change prior to making the proposal.

Regards,
James D. Devine M.Eng CGCI C.Eng PMP
Avenue de Mategnin 77,
1217 Meyrin,