[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] Proposed Renewal of .org Registry Agreement - unrestrained price rises

David McCarthy web.admin at emgs.org
Mon Apr 29 08:03:35 UTC 2019

I represent a small not-for-profit membership organisation in the UK - The EM Gauge Society.

The Society is operated entirely by volunteers as we don't have the funds to employ staff, even on a part-time basis. I am one of those volunteers, looking after the Society email and website.

We believe it is reasonable that the cost of domain renewal should increase over time, roughly in line with inflation trends, but as the registrant of a .org domain, we would like to voice our opposition to unrestrained price rises after the Registry Agreement is renewed.

Please advise the outcome of the consultation.

Regards,

David McCarthy

Web Admin