[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] Proposed Renewal of .org Registry Agreement

jaredmiller at jaredmiller.org jaredmiller at jaredmiller.org
Mon Apr 29 21:20:09 UTC 2019

As a registrant of a .org and .info domain, I find it appalling that
ICANN is attempting to remove price caps and allow a private
organization to reap profits from a system that our tax dollars funded.

It seems that ICANN has lost their way and no longer recognizes the
differences between gTLDs that were fully funded by a private
organization and the legacy extensions created in partnership with the
United States government. ICANN was not a part of this process and
should not try to retroactively apply their desire to line the pockets
of private enterprise with their "modern" ideals of domain ownership.
It is absolutely unacceptable for ICANN to ignore the differences
between these domain names and try to pull a fast one on the people.

Removing capped pricing and price increases is going to lead to yet
another system being taken advantage of by a corporation who has no
right to be doing so. Increased prices only benefit the bulk buyers
and resellers that sit on domain names for years that somehow don't
have to pay the same fees as the rest of us. Interesting, ain't it?
Why doesn't ICANN spend their time sticking their nose into those
matters?

Signed,
Yet Another Disgruntled Gentleman