[council] timeline for papers for consideration in a Council meeting

Bruce Tonkin Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Tue Aug 16 09:10:10 UTC 2005

Hello All,

> On the issue of a time line for Council consideration of any agenda
item.  I had
> thought that the 7 day timeline for Council was for matters that were
being
>  considered for a vote by Council.

The 7 day timeline applies to papers for consideration in separate
agenda items, as well as notice of significant motions.  ie the papers
are provided at the time the agenda is issued.

The approach taken here is that members of the Council should have time
to read a paper and discuss it with their constituencies prior to a
Council call.  We would normally probably spend 30 minutes or so
discussing a significant paper.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin