[council] RE: Council report required for the Board on the recently approved WHOIS recommendation

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Thu Dec 22 17:28:47 UTC 2005

Hi,

I understand how much consultation has gone into coming up to the
compromise.  But has the compromise itself been commented on?

In any case, I think that every stage of recommendation and decision
should be subject to public comment.  so as it moves from the council
with its responsibility for recommending policy to the board with its
responsibility for due diligence and for approving policy, i think
there is a reasonable opportunity for public comment.

a.