[council] Draft reply Council on GNSO reform

Gomes, Chuck cgomes at verisign.com
Tue Nov 27 15:16:38 UTC 2007

Tom's point has merit.  Here are two ways we could accommodate it
without dropping the item entirely:

1. Instead of using the term "Partial Support" or "Qualified Support" or
"Support", we could simply say "See comments below".

2. Simply say "Support" and insert our comments.  In my opinion,
everyone seems to support the WG approach as long as it is designed in a
flexible manner. As I said in earlier emails, a lot of work needs to be
done to implement this recommendation so there is plenty of opportunity
to design the flexibility we think is critical into the process.

The purpose of comments is to assist the BGC WG in finalizing the
recommendations.  If we totally drop this item without making a comment
about our conclusion that the WG approach must be designed with adequate
flexibility, then we will have missed the opportunity to make a critical
point for BGC WG consideration.

Chuck Gomes