[council] Motion regarding New gTLDs

Stéphane Van Gelder stephane.vangelder at indom.com
Wed Dec 17 20:40:10 UTC 2008

Just a heads-up on the IDN issue. The responses recently published by ICANN
to the questions asked in the Cairo public forum (
http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-15dec08-en.htm) clearly
states that it WILL be possible to request an IDN gTLD at start-up, i.e.
When the first round of gTLD applications is opened.

It's something I hadn't seen stated quite so clearly before anywhere else so
I thought I'd just point it out.

Stéphane Van Gelder