[council] Improvements Agenda Item

Avri Doria avri at psg.com
Thu Jul 17 10:25:20 UTC 2008

Hi,

While I do not know whether the council will be ready to vote on the
Improvements item at today's meeting, I have pulled the motion that
was on the table a the last meeting up to this meeting.  I have
amended it to included mention of Board resolution 2008.06.26.13 and
updated the date by which the constituencies sold appoint members for
the groups.

---

Motion on GNSO "Improvements" (tabled on 25 Jun 08, modified for 17
July)

Motion: Avri Doria
Second:

Whereas,

The ICANN Board in resolution 2008.02.15.03 directed the ICANN Staff
to "draft a detailed implementation plan in consultation with the
GNSO", and

That such a plan was developed by the Planning Team composed of staff
and GNSO members working jointly and in cooperation, and

That the ICANN board in resolution 2008.06.26.13, endorsed the
recommendations of the Board Governance Committee's GNSO Review
Working Group, other than on GNSO Council restructuring,

Resolved:

The GNSO Council approves the Framework defined in GNSO Improvements –
Top Level Plan of 21 June 2008 prepared by the GNSO Improvements
Planning Team as documented in {file: GNSO Improvements_top-level-
plan_update-080521.pdf}and request that constituencies and nomcom
appointees begin the task of naming representatives to serve in the
two Standing Committees as defined in the Top Level Plan by 7 August.