[council] Fwd: GNSO Closed Meeting

William Drake william.drake at graduateinstitute.ch
Fri Sep 18 07:08:51 UTC 2009

Adrian,

On Sep 18, 2009, at 8:17 AM, Adrian Kinderis wrote:

> The Registrars will be at the bar on Saturday night and will happily
> buy any other Council members a drink and discuss any issues they
> have with us. We will do it in a closed area and you will be patted
> down for listening or recording devices. You must sign a
> Confidentiality Agreement and you will be supplied with tissues
> should we bring you to tears with our “gripes” (or to wipe away
> tears of laughter). We will also have our Legal Counsel on hand
> should you with to litigate.

Conducting an 'airing of grievances' session post-prandial with
libation in hand seems like much better process management to me.

More generally, and for future reference, the offering of free booze
is the single best way to conduct outreach to those of us in the non-
profit world.  I highly recommend this practice.

Best,

Bill