[council] Revised Draft GNSO Council minutes 28 January 2010

Glen de Saint Géry Glen at icann.org
Wed Feb 3 19:42:44 UTC 2010

Dear Councillors,

Attached please find the revised draft minutes of the GNSO Council meeting on 28 January 2010.

Two changes have been made:

- Mary Wong has been added to the list of attendees.

- In Item 2: Decision regarding initiation of a PDP about vertical separation of Registries and Registrars

The following paragraph has been added at the end of the voting at the request of Wolf-Ulrich Knoben:

"During the discussion the ISPCP representative pointed out that a PDP at this time could jeopardize the implementation process for new gTLDs. Therefore the GNSO council should decline a PDP initiation at this time and should reevaluate whether to initiate a PDP on the topic of vertical integration after the launch of the initial round of New gTLD applications."

Please let me know if you would like any other changes to be made. If no comments are received, these minutes will be published, as approved  on the website on page:

http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/index.html#jan

on Wednesday, 10 February 2010.

Thank you.
Kind regards,