[council] FW: Proposal to form a Joint ALAC - GNSO WG 'to develop a sustainable approach to providing support to applicants requiring assistance in applying for and operating new gTLDs' in response to the ICANN Board Resolution 20 at the Nairobi

Terry L Davis tdavis2 at speakeasy.net
Sat Mar 27 01:05:05 UTC 2010

Debbie

I would hope that we can separate "non-profit service orgs" from
"dis-advantaged".  I believe they represent two entirely different needs and thus
unfortunately probably two different application processes.

That said, this was my first concern!  How do we catagorize "dis-advantaged"
orgs.  If we can figure this out such that the "non-profit purely international
service orgs" are not lumped into "dis-advantaged" I think that is the correct
way forward.

Take care
Terry

On Tue Mar 23 12:53 ,  sent:

>Tim,
>

>I am sorry to hear that you think discussion
>of a processes related to non-profit gTLDs is not “urgent.”  I
>certainly understand the concern shared by many related to ICANN staff and
Councilors