[council] MAPO WG report

Stéphane Van Gelder stephane.vangelder at indom.com
Tue Sep 7 14:06:31 UTC 2010

Following on from my VI report, here is my MAPO report. Once again, I will not in future be submitting reports of this kind. Please refer to the Project Status List for any updates on a WG or DT the GNSO is involved in (http://gnso.icann.org/meetings/pending-projects-list.pdf).

Stéphane

New gTLD Recommendation 6 cross-community WG (Rec6) - Chairs Chuck Gomes, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Heather Dryden - Council Liaison - Stéphane van Gelder – September 7, 2010

The WG has drafted and agreed upon a Terms of Reference (ToR) document to act as a guideline for the work it will undertake.

A tight schedule has been set with Sept 13 being the deadline for the submission by the WG of a report. As such, 2 teleconference calls per week have been scheduled.

A poll was taken to try and rank different aspects of the recommendations the WG might make on the topic of MAPO in the order of importance the group places on them. Discussion in the WG is now centred on these issues and the poll itself.