[council] Candidate Statement for position of GNSO Council chair

Stéphane Van Gelder Stephane.vangelder at indom.com
Fri Oct 14 11:16:38 UTC 2011

Thanks for the question Wolf.

The election procedure is the one you describe.

There is a vote with two options: for, or against, the sole candidate.

If, after that vote, candidate has the required majority, candidate wins.

If, after that vote, candidate has the highest number of votes (against "not-candidate") but does not have the required majority, there is a 2nd round where the voting choice becomes candidate, or abstain.

I know this sounds redundant, but we have to follow the election procedure regardless of whether there are two candidates, or one.

So in short: two rounds planned, unless outright win in first round.

Hope this helps,

Stéphane