[council] Minimum and average duration of a GNSO PDP

Marika Konings marika.konings at icann.org
Thu May 24 10:12:47 UTC 2012

Dear All,

Following requests during the last Council meeting, please find attached a timeline in which I've tried to outline the absolute minimum as well as the expected average timeline for a GNSO PDP to go from a request for an Issue Report to Board adoption. Please note that there are several assumptions included in the timetable in relation to the absolute minimum. Amongst others, in addition to the availability of staff and community resources, it assumes that the PDP concerns a narrowly defined issue with a high level of community consensus around the recommendations at an early stage of the process. As a reference, you also find attached an updated version of the GNSO PDP Timelines which tracks the duration of recent and ongoing PDPs.

With best regards,

Marika

Sr. Policy Director
ICANN