[council] Resolutions from the ICANN Board meeting on Thursday 12 Feb

Bruce Tonkin Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Sat Feb 14 05:50:54 UTC 2015

Hello Donna,

>>  On the two character issue, can you explain why two letters from the RySG to the Board are not listed in the documents considered by the Board as part of their deliberations?

Fair question.   The letter from the Registry Stakeholder group as well as discussions with both the registries and registrars during the week was taken into account in discussions amongst Board members during the week.

The letter should have been referenced in the whereas clauses for the resolution.   The main reason that it wasn't was because we drafted that resolution during a busy day on Thursday to give closure on the issue while affected parties were in Singapore, and  it was simply missed.     My apologies.   I will see if we can include an explicit link on the https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/meetings-2014-01-06-en website to that correspondence.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin