[council] FW: [Soac-infoalert] Chehadé Announces Intention to End His Tenure as ICANN President & CEO in March 2016 - ICANN

Jonathan Robinson jrobinson at afilias.info
Thu May 21 14:58:34 UTC 2015

From: soac-infoalert-bounces at icann.org
[mailto:soac-infoalert-bounces at icann.org] On Behalf Of David Olive
Sent: 21 May 2015 10:55
To: soac-infoalert at icann.org
Subject: [Soac-infoalert] Chehadé Announces Intention to End His Tenure as
ICANN President & CEO in March 2016 - ICANN

https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2015-05-21-en

Chehadé Announces Intention to End His Tenure as ICANN President & CEO in
March 2016

ICANN Board and Chehadé to Continue Mission and Ensure Continuity and
Stability

The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) today
announced that President and CEO Fadi Chehadé has informed the Board he will
be concluding his tenure in March 2016 to move into a new career in the
private sector (outside the Domain Name Industry).

At the request of the Board, Chehadé will be available to work closely with
ICANN after March 2016 to support the transition to a new leader, as well as
to advise the Board on any issue they require including the implementation
of the IANA Stewardship Transition from the US Government to ICANN and the
technical operating community.

"I want to thank Fadi for his strong commitment," said Dr. Stephen Crocker,
Chair of the Board of Directors. I am very confident that with Fadi's
continued leadership and ICANN's very experienced management team who have
the breadth to ensure that ICANN continues to manage its key
responsibilities effectively, that the organization's work will proceed
smoothly."

"I am deeply committed to working with the Board, our staff, and our
community to continue ICANN's mission as we still have much to accomplish,"
said Chehadé. "During the remaining 10 months of my tenure, it's
business-as-usual. My priority remains to continue strengthening ICANN's
operations and services to the global community."

To download high-resolution photos of Fadi Chehadé, go here:
https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/ceo-2013-06-26-en

To download high-resolution photos of Dr. Stephen Crocker, go here:
https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/chair-2013-06-26-en

To read a biography of Fadi Chehadé, go here:
https://www.icann.org/profiles/fadi-chehade

To read a biography of Dr. Stephen Crocker, go here:
https://www.icann.org/profiles/steve-crocker

David A. Olive

Vice President, Policy Development Support
General Manager, ICANN Regional Headquarters –Istanbul

Hakki Yeten Cad. Selenium Plaza No:10/C K:10 34349 Fulya, Besiktas, Istanbul

Direct Line: +90.212.999.6212

Mobile:       + 1. 202.341.3611

Mobile:       +90.533.341.6550

Email:  david.olive at icann.org