[council] Motion on next steps in relation to the charter for the CCWG-IG

Wolf-Ulrich.Knoben wolf-ulrich.knoben at t-online.de
Thu Jul 13 23:02:52 UTC 2017

All,

following the discussion at the council call today I think Res. 3 and 4
are lacking consistency with respect to the withdrawal from the present
structure and a (potential and not impossible) GNSO engagement in the
new structure. The GNSO should definitely not take any step towards
withdrawal before the future model is clear. I'd like to encourage the
proponents of the motion to take this into consideration when
reintroducing the deferred motion.

Best regards

Wolf-Ulrich

_Res. from the motion_

3. The GNSO Council requests that members of the CCWG-IG and others
interested parties come together to explore a framework / model that
more fully addresses the concerns that have been expressed by the GNSO
Council, and submit this framework / model to the GNSO Council for its
consideration by ICANN60.

4. To facilitate the work as requested under Resolved clause #3,
allowing for a reasonable time to coordinate with other SOs and ACs to
develop a new structure, and to ensure there is no gap between the
retirement of the CCWG-IC and the establishment of its successor group,
the GNSO Council shall withdraw as a Chartering Organization from the
CCWG-IG effective at the conclusion of ICANN 60 in Abu Dhabi.