[council] Action Items: GNSO Council meeting & Wrap up session on 15th and 16th March 2017

Nathalie Peregrine nathalie.peregrine at icann.org
Fri Mar 24 15:20:23 UTC 2017

Dear Councilors,
Please find the action items, below and as attachment, arising from the GNSO Council meeting on 15 March 2017 and the GNSO Wrap-Up session on the 16 March 2017. Please take note of the action items coming out of the Council meeting and the proposed timing for delivering on these actions.  The next GNSO Council meeting is on the 20 April 2017.

15 March 2017

Item 3. Consent Agenda

3.1 –Confirmation of GNSO Co-Chair for the Cross Community Working Group on New gTLD Auction Proceeds

Voting Results:

  *   Consent Agenda passed unanimously

Action item:
Staff to confirm the appointment of Erika Mann as the new GNSO co-chair to replace Jonathan Robinson following his resignation to the new gTLD Auction Proceeds CCWG (COMPLETED)

Item 4. COUNCIL VOTE – Approval of Charter for a New GNSO Standing Selection Committee (15 minutes)

Voting Results:

  *   Motion passed unanimously

Action item:

·         Staff to circulate call for volunteers to SG/Cs and Nominating Committee Appointees in view of having members appointed by 27 March and a first meeting scheduled on 31 March (COMPLETED)

·         SSC to provide Council with recommendations for nominations for RDS Review Team in time for GNSO Council meeting on 10 April

Item 5. COUNCIL DISCUSSION – Updated Charter for the Cross Community Working Group on Internet Governance (20 minutes)

Action item:

·         GNSO Council to review documents submitted by the CCWG-IG, including proposed revisions to the current charter.

·         Staff to add topic to the agenda for 10 April meeting.

16 March 2017
FY18 Operating Plan

·         Staff to request finance to find a different slot for the finance session at ICANN meetings that does not conflict with Council sessions (COMPLETED)

·         Staff to request an update from the Finance Team as a standard update as part of the Sunday schedule to the first ICANN meeting of the year (Community Forum)

·         Councilors to form small team to develop comments on the budget: Ed Morris, Jimson Olufuye (BC), James Bladel

·         Staff to request Xavier provide briefing on the budget for the GNSO (COMPLETED)

GNSO Review of the GAC Communique

·         Volunteers requested to work on a draft response to the GAC Communique (volunteers to date: Carlos Gutierrez, Paul McGrady, Michele Neylon, Donna Austin, Stephanie Perrin, Stefania Milan, Phil Corwin, James Bladel, Heather Forrest)

GNSO Council Liaisons to SO/ACs/PDPWGs

·         Staff to schedule a call for Council leadership team, liaisons and PDP leadership for a status update (proposed timing – April)

·         Staff to circulate a list of CCWG/WGs/IRTs that are in need for a new liaison to the Council to solicit volunteers

As a reminder, all Action items in progress can be found posted on the wiki page here: https://community.icann.org/x/RgZlAg

Please let me know if I missed anything or if you have questions.

Thank you.

Kind regards,



Nathalie Peregrine
Specialist, SOAC Support (GNSO)
Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)
Email: nathalie.peregrine at icann.org <nathalie.peregrine at icann.org%20>
Skype: nathalie.peregrine.icann

Find out more about the GNSO by taking our interactive courses<learn.icann.org/courses/gnso> and visiting the GNSO Newcomer pages[gnso.icann.org]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__gnso.icann.org_sites_gnso.icann.org_files_gnso_presentations_policy-2Defforts.htm-23newcomers&d=DgMF-g&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=PDd_FX3f4MVgkEIi9GHvVoUhbecsvLhgsyXrxgtbL10DTBs0i1jYiBM_uTSDzgqG&m=YXXgWMx7AnEsK0bIjCRJ20RWD6FrJ7eshz4ee3BoCuw&s=z012pgyZrR1-Hdltx67AUtBaeooNRaHBDVfbgPe9pt8&e=>

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/council/attachments/20170324/dc7ed63d/attachment.html>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Action Items GNSO Council meeting & Wrap up session 15 - 16 March 2017.docx
Type: application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document
Size: 101541 bytes
Desc: Action Items GNSO Council meeting & Wrap up session 15 - 16 March 2017.docx
URL: <http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/council/attachments/20170324/dc7ed63d/ActionItemsGNSOCouncilmeetingWrapupsession15-16March2017.docx>

More information about the council mailing list