[council] Nominations to the ICANN Fellowship Selection Committee and Guidance on Outreach Goals

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 22:54:12 UTC 2018

hi all,

I am sending this note as ICANN org published an update on the fellowship
program
https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2018-08-13-en, which is asking
SO/AC to:

   1. Provide input for two-year outreach and promotion goals
   2. Nominate ICANN Fellowship Program Selection Committee Members for
   two-year terms

For the first item, the council can have a small team of volunteers to work
on giving guidance regarding the goals. I am happy to volunteer to lead
such an effort and looking forward to hearing of others want to join in
order to fill the form (attached). We can use this opportunity to set goals
for bringing specific needed expertise and skills as a diversity goal for
example for those to participate in PDP WGs.

For the second item, as SO the GNSO should appoint a member to the
selection committee and we expressed previously the interest to be involved
in such a structure. Usually, we task the SSAC to conduct such process but
in this case, we got a time constraint here since the deadline is the 10th
September.

Best,

Rafik