[council] [revised] EPDP team weekly update

Ayden Férdeline icann at ferdeline.com
Mon Sep 3 18:52:19 UTC 2018

I am reluctant to make this comment, but I think it is necessary. I do not see any substantial changes between the format of the previous report and this one. I don’t think this communicated anything useful then, and this update does not leave me with an accurate snapshot of the two two-hour long EPDP meetings that I sat through last week. We need something better.

If there is a need for a report that will give the community confidence that multistakeholderism is working, fine, let’s use this one. But the Council, if it is to deliver proper oversight over this EPDP, needs a separate report that does not sugarcoat what is really happening within meetings and glosses over the challenges actually being faced.

If this same reporting format is used again, I will raise this same objection again.

Ayden