[council] Fwd: Draft Council Response Acknowledging Receipt of ICANN's Whois Accuracy/ARS Letter

Marie Pattullo marie.pattullo at aim.be
Wed Aug 21 17:59:39 UTC 2019

Apologies - I didn’t copy the entire list. Sorry!

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Marie Pattullo <marie.pattullo at aim.be<mailto:marie.pattullo at aim.be>>
Date: 21 August 2019 at 19:31:25 GMT+2
To: "Drazek, Keith" <kdrazek at verisign.com<mailto:kdrazek at verisign.com>>
Cc: "gnso-secs at icann.org<mailto:gnso-secs at icann.org>" <gnso-secs at icann.org<mailto:gnso-secs at icann.org>>
Subject: RE: Draft Council Response Acknowledging Receipt of ICANN's Whois Accuracy/ARS Letter

Keith, all,
Again, many thanks for the work here. For my own understanding, do we know if ICANN anticipates developing an update to the ARS for cases where ICANN itself is asserting its own purposes for processing data which is non-public and disclosed upon request? Of course we know that a lawful solution for ARS has to be found, so it would be interesting to know if there has been any preparatory work on this.
As the Phase 1 Report implied in Rec 4 that ARS won’t be changed, although footnote 6 said that it will be “considered”, the BC would certainly support Council confirming that the ARS is included as part of the EPDP’s Phase 2 work.
Thanks,
Marie