[Ctn-crosscom] Attendance MP3 CTN meeting - Tuesday 26 August 2014

Terri Agnew terri.agnew at icann.org
Wed Aug 27 00:04:32 UTC 2014

Dear All,

 Please find the MP3 recording for the Cross-Community Working Group on Use of
Country/Territory Names as TLDs  meeting held on Tuesday 26 August 2014 at
19:00 UTC at:  <http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-ccwg-unct-20140826-en.mp3>
http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-ccwg-unct-20140826-en.mp3

On page:

 <http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#aug>
http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#aug

Calendar page:

 <http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/> http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:

ccNSO

Ron Sherwood, .vi

Mirjana Tasic, .rs

Laura Hutchison, .uk

Daniel Kalchev, .bg

Lise Fuhr, .dk

Mary Uduma, .bg

Young-Eum Lee, .kr

GNSO

Chris Chaplow, BC

Heather Forrest, IPC (Co-Chair)

Maxim Alzoba, NTAG

Scott Harlan, IPC

Hector Manoff, IPC

Jaap Akkerhuis, SSAC

At-Large

Cheryl Langdon-Orr

Jordi Iparraguirre

Apologies:

Annebeth Lange, .no

ICANN staff:

Marika Konings

Glen de Saint Gery

Bart Boswinkel

Patrick Jones

Terri Agnew

Wiki page:  <https://community.icann.org/x/X7XhAg>
https://community.icann.org/x/X7XhAg

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Terri Agnew

Adobe Connect chat transcript for Tuesday 26 August 2014:

Terri Agnew:Dear all, Welcome to the Cross-Community Working Group on Use of
Country/Territory Names as TLDs on the 26th August 2014

  Chris Chaplow:Hi there Terri

  Lise Fuhr:Hi Terri It seems to be the agenda for the chairs and not the CWg
on the Adobe

  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):Hello Everyone.

  Jordi Iparraguirre:hi everyone!

  HECTOR MANOFF:Hi everyone

  Mary Uduma:Hi Everyone

  Jaap Akkerhuis:Hi all

  Patrick Jones:Hello all

  Daniel Kalchev:Hello all

  Terri Agnew:Young-Eum has joined

  Young-eum:Hi everyone.

  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):latim names

  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):latin names

  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):two symbols are protected in english latin

  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):I meant country codes

  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):but in situation of IDN only TLDs  (no latin symbols
allowed)there is no  overlap with it   as far as I know

  Patrick Jones:Does the working group reference the UNGEGN World Geographical
Names database, located at unstats.un.org/unsd/geoinfo/geonames

  Patrick Jones:This might be a useful reference for this group.

  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):absense of the lest is an issue for registries ... it
is a good thing to have a list to be able to include in engines blocklists

  Marika Konings:The information is also on the wiki, but we need to update it
as there have been some additions

  Marika Konings:https://community.icann.org/x/HbjhAg

  Ron Sherwood:Thank you, Marika

  Mary Uduma:Will the progress report be made public as we go along on the
work of the Group?

  Mary Uduma:Typing see my question/

  Mary Uduma:Ok/

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:thanks all. bye