[Ctn-crosscom] Attendance MP3 CTN meeting - Tuesday 15 July 2014

Nathalie Peregrine nathalie.peregrine at icann.org
Tue Jul 15 15:24:17 UTC 2014

Dear All,

 Please find the MP3 recording for the Cross-Community Working Group on Use of
Country/Territory Names as TLDs  meeting held on Tuesday 15 July 2014 at 12:00
UTC at: http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-ccwg-unct-20140715-en.mp3

On page:

http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#
<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#july> july

Calendar page:

 <http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/> http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:

ccNSO

Henry Chan, .hk

Ron Sherwood, .vi

Han Liyun, .cn

Paul Szyndler, .au (Co-Chair)

Mirjana Tasic, .rs

Laura Hutchison, .uk

Daniel Kalchev, .bg

Annebeth Lange, .no

Lise Fuhr, .dk

Carlos Marcos Luizzi,

Mary Uduma, .bg

GNSO

Chris Chaplow, BC

Heather Forrest, IPC (Co-Chair)

Maxim Alzoba, NTAG

Cintra Sooknanan, NPOC

Gabriela Szlak, BC

Mason Cole, RySG

Scott Harlan, IPC

At-Large

Inam Ali

Apologies:

Olga Cavalli (GAC)

Erick Eriarte Ahon, .pe

ICANN staff:

Marika Konings

Bart Boswinkel

Kristina Nordstrom

Nathalie Peregrine

Wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/X7XhAg

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Nathalie Peregrine

Adobe Connect chat transcript for Tuesday 15 July 2014:

  Lars Hoffmann:Welcome to the Cross-Community Working Group on Use of
Country/Territory Names as TLDs, Tuesday 15 July 2014, 12 UTC

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Hello Mirjana, this meeting is due to start in 45 mins.

  Mirjana Tasic:Yes, I know, I was checking my computer an internet

  Daniel Kalchev:Hello, coming a bit earlier this time

  Daniel Kalchev:I can't seem to find a way to connect my audio via Adobe
Connect

  Gabriela Szlak:Me niether, the options are not available

  Gabriela Szlak:I entered earlier just to check this

  Nathalie  Peregrine 2:the audio option is available 10 mins before the start
of the call

  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):Hello Everybody

  Nathalie  Peregrine 2:it will be ready shortly

  Gabriela Szlak:Oh, good to know

  Gabriela Szlak:thanks! Hi Natalie

  Nathalie  Peregrine 2:pleasure gabi!

  Daniel Kalchev:connected now, thanks!

  Annebeth Lange:Hi everybody, Annebeth here!

  Annebeth Lange:I have problems with the sound

  Nathalie  Peregrine 2:Annebeth have you activated your AC room mic

  Annebeth Lange:I think so

  Nathalie  Peregrine 2:perfect yes I see you have

  Nathalie  Peregrine 2:please try speaking again?

  Carlos Liuzzi (.ar):hi everyone

  Henry Chan:Hi all

  Bart Boswinkel:Hello

  Inam Ali:hi everyone

  Nathalie  Peregrine 2:Dear all, if you do not plan to dial into the audio
bridge, please make sure to activate your AC room mic by clicking on the
telephone icon at the top of the Ac room tool bar or you will not be able to
take part over the audio

  Nathalie  Peregrine 2:and if you HAVE activated your Ac room mic, please
remember to MUTE it by clicking on the white arrow to the right of the
micorphone icon

  Nathalie  Peregrine 2:Paul is not on the audio bridge nor the AC room

  Nathalie  Peregrine 2:nor is Heather

  Nathalie  Peregrine 2:Ching Chiao is not either

  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):can not use my mic.. slow connection

  Nathalie  Peregrine 2:Maxim, we can dial out ot you\

  Nathalie  Peregrine 2:Mary Uduma has joined the call

  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):Hello Nathalie, my munber is +7 916 6761580

  Nathalie  Peregrine 2:thanks Maxim

  Henry Chan:Yes

  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):thank you Nathalie

  Nathalie  Peregrine 2:My pleasure Maxim!

  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):<note>My understanding is that AGB is going to be
refined based on the round (the cycle is not finished yet  though)

  Annebeth Lange:Sorry, my net went down. I'm back

  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):so it should not be taken into the consideration

  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):I meant the current AGB is as it is

  Annebeth Lange:I have a question, Bart

  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):<note> my understanding is that the current cycle is
not finished till the next year end or smth like that .... we should not wait
till that time. Whilst is might be a good idea to review the AGB in parts
related to our case.

  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):after it is changed in some distant future

  Marika Konings:For further information about the discussion group I just
mentioned, please see
http://gnso.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-08jul14-en.htm

  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):note> not all applicants passed through to the General
Availability phase ... and the first year of renewals  of those not yet
delivered TLDs  the first cycle is not finished

  Gabriela Szlak:thanks Marika!

  Marika Konings:I believe the GAC also formed a working group or committee to
look at experiences with the current application round

  Marika Konings:but I'm not sure if they are looking at any specific topics
or any and all

  Annebeth Lange:Thanks, Marika. Useful informaition.

  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):I support the idea of balanced calltime approach ( one
is during a good time  for western and the second is for eastern hemisphere)

  Henry Chan:Ok with a rotation basis

  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):might be a good idea to give an option of +1 / -1 hour
via doodle poll

  Annebeth Lange:Rotation is fine with me, but I support Paul/Heather that the
times should be set ut according to the most active participants

  Gabriela Szlak:I am back Nathalie, thanks

  Nathalie  Peregrine 2:Great Gabi!

  Laura Hutchison:Agreed with rotational basis taking into account
participation

  Chris Chaplow:@annebeth +1

  Lise Fuhr:Doodle is fine - and go for the majority regarding time

  Henry Chan:thanks all

  Carlos Liuzzi (.ar):thank you

  Carlos Liuzzi (.ar):bye

  Gabriela Szlak:thanks