[Ctn-crosscom] Attendance MP3 CTN meeting - Monday 24 August 2015

Nathalie Peregrine nathalie.peregrine at icann.org
Tue Aug 25 07:19:36 UTC 2015

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording for the Cross-Community Working Group on Use of Country/Territory Names as TLDs meeting held on Monday 24 August 2015 at 20:00 UTC at: http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-ccwg-tlds-24aug15-en.mp3<http://mailer.samanage.com/wf/click?upn=NrFWbrBstcrPWP369qgbqlXiSKeL20xnUXzI03Zqpss7GG5k73TzTdhHAbjMomBjyN-2FZpyl0f6QM-2BNneikQKMA-3D-3D_QuA5zZR9ZZ7J1F2FeF-2FOsgm1hgIDcBrAX2P7Ezxmql7ckJc4ios1-2BxObAoz2rzLSI3c4QB1NGo7bw7XrBjpRCbz74w4vzk48UxZMFoBBQBQaQ0ePdiOjdJ30sQNHkokOf-2F2p-2FBvMgKvMhzp-2B4u8fP-2BRrSytHe2KCf2HpQmtSbpezMgNTUG57PiORAPesOotpHA-2BC4pSmXJRsVmpbNaLqzmmC5Fziol7JgIJ433Evv6ldY9FA1xoiIPTCtQ5kDFulWOgM8wVnMtM7ncyElYyvKWJW53LeeMyYsRGiU5Otn6cBI-2F6zINFsX8HOvNw7prhZl6vY3fLCVqIuk-2FCvSSlHYxA8c6kASiTl8KW2uc-2BxcJp2zniu4r-2BuWodxiT2HunxdNV6P3cDVHP0g1fwvvbhMzVmXJERc-2B7ugOFiW8woPghK0iPiJXc7hTs5TDarYzEK0I1sjny-2Bg2YHPpDiryZAayv5uhUjLoVW-2BvwEDTI4XDwsn2IutRWgUj32Qo3nkrPJ4>

On page:

<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#jul>http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#a<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#aug>ug<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#aug>

http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:

ccNSO:

Jordi Iparraguirre, ccNSO Council NomCom appointee

Mirjana Tasic, .rs

Laura Hutchison, .uk

Sanna Sahlman, .fi
Jacqueline Morris, .tt
Young-Eum Lee, .kr

GNSO

Heather Forrest, IPC (Co-Chair)

Carlos Raul Guttierez, NPOC  (co-Chair)

Susan Payne, NTAG

Maxim Alzoba, NTAG
Colin O’Brien, IPC

At-Large:

Cheryl Langdon-Orr

GAC:

ISO:

Jaap Akkerhuis

Other:

Nigel Cassimire

Apologies:

Joke Braeken, .eu

 Annebeth Lange, .no

Olga Cavalli, GAC
Laura Hutchinson, .uk

ICANN staff:

Bart Boswinkel

Marika Konings

Lars Hoffman

Nathalie Peregrine

 Wiki page:https://community.icann.org/x/X7XhAg

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Nathalie

                                                ****************

Adobe Connect chat transcript for Monday 24 August 2015:

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Welcome to the Cross Community Working Group on the Use of Country and Territory Names as top-level domains on Monday 24 August 2015, 20:00 UTC.
  Carlos Raul (ISOC Costa Rica Chapter):terry
  Carlos Raul (ISOC Costa Rica Chapter):i can´t change my name? it is from the previous call which was ALAC related
  Nathalie  Peregrine:i ll change it for you
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Also, the operator will dial out to you Carlos at five to the top of the hour
  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):Hello Everyone
  Lars Hoffmann:max = we can hear you but we are just about to dial in now.
  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):good
  Carlos Raul Gutierrez:lost the bridge
  Jordi Iparraguirre: hello everyone
  Sanna Sahlman:Good evening from Finland!
  Bart Boswinkel:Hi all
  Jacqueline:Hello all
  Colin O'Brien:Hello everybody!
  Cheryl LangdonOrr:hi
  Cheryl LangdonOrr:morning Heather
  Heather Forrest:Good morning!
  jaap akkerhuis:Good evening!
  Mirjana Tasic .rs:Hello
  Cheryl LangdonOrr:hard to hear you Carlos there's a bit of an echo I think perhaps staff can assist or see if it is just for my linea
  Heather Forrest:Regarding edited versions, could we include on the cover a line: 'Last edited [date]'?
  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):+1 for freezing 2letter part
  Sanna Sahlman:Very hard to hear Carlos
  Cheryl LangdonOrr:yes please Heather
  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):sound is clear ... via adobe
  Susan Payne:@Sanna - if you are able to use adobe to listen it is much clearer
  Cheryl LangdonOrr:I am on audio bridge by dial out to land-line. I am in 2 AC meetings ATM
  Sanna Sahlman:@Susan, unfortunately not this time...no headset with.
  Sanna Sahlman:I'll survive :)
  Carlos Raul Gutierrez:thank you for the options list
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Young Eum Lee and Nigel Cassimire have joined the call
  Colin O'Brien:I agree with Heather on this.
  Jordi Iparraguirre:there is ISO 639 that lists languages. 639-2 is for 3 letter codes
  Cheryl LangdonOrr:I suspect Heather is listening via AC
  Heather Forrest:The existing practice of not reserving 3-letter codes is indeed a precedent to bear in mind
  Sanna Sahlman:I agree with Heather
  Jordi Iparraguirre:but there are now also some 3-letter assoc. to la guages and communities: cat,eus,frl,nyc,...
  Jordi Iparraguirre:and sooner or later with new countries appearing, maybe ccTLDs need to expend to 3-letter
  Susan Payne:@Jordi - and numerous 3-letters used for brands and others: .com, .org, .net (old gTLDs), xyz, ooo, ovh (new gTLDs, and brands abc, bbc, fox
  Jordi Iparraguirre:should there be precedence for countries and/or languages over brands?
  Susan Payne:There is - 2 letter codes :)
  Jordi Iparraguirre:not for languages nor communities. And some 2-letter combinations are about to run out. So we need to foresee a way for new countries too
  Jordi Iparraguirre:it could be interesting to loom for the intersection between iso639-2 and brand names.
  Heather Forrest:Agree with Jaap - our Options Paper envisages a first section entitled 'Status Quo'.
  Heather Forrest:Let's take the opportunity to survey the existing practice, and refer back to the work done by the Study Group on  existing practice
  jaap akkerhuis:iso 639 is a big mess, and it is just for languages.
  jaap akkerhuis:and variances on languages. It is mostly used inside applications to define contents.
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Ron Sherwood has joined the call
  Heather Forrest:We are due for publishing a progress report as well, which could alert the community to the open call for comment
  Carlos Raul Gutierrez:txs Heather
  Lars Hoffmann:here is the link to the 22 june version https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/49354211/Options%20Paper%2022%20June%202015.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1440447490791&api=v2
  Lars Hoffmann:sounds good carlos.
  Heather Forrest:Agree that f2f meeting in Dublin is a good idea
  Heather Forrest:Monday timeslot has worked well
  Heather Forrest:90 minutes if we can get it
  Sanna Sahlman:+1
  Sanna Sahlman:to both: f2f and Monday time slot (even thought it's 11pm here)
  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):+1 for Monday slot
  Susan Payne:agree, we should have a F2F - even if it only proves to be informsational/update for others who arent joining calls
  Heather Forrest:Thanks all, have a good day!
  Cheryl LangdonOrr:all good bye for now then
  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):bye all
  Jordi Iparraguirre:thanks, bye
  Sanna Sahlman:Thanks and buy!
  Bart Boswinkel:Bye all
  Jacqueline:Thanks - bye
  Susan Payne:thanks Carlos
  Colin O'Brien:Bye everybody.
  Cheryl LangdonOrr:now to my next call at top of hour
  Ron Sherwood:Thank you bye all
  Mirjana Tasic .rs:Bye