[Ctn-crosscom] With updated mp3 Attendance MP3 CTN meeting - Wednesday 14th January 2015

Nathalie Peregrine nathalie.peregrine at icann.org
Wed Jan 14 18:26:03 UTC 2015

With updated mp3: http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-ccwg-unct-14jan15-en.mp3

Apologies for the inconvenience

Nathalie

From: Nathalie Peregrine <nathalie.peregrine at icann.org<mailto:nathalie.peregrine at icann.org>>
Date: Wednesday, January 14, 2015 at 3:41 PM
To: "ctn-crosscom at icann.org<mailto:ctn-crosscom at icann.org>" <ctn-crosscom at icann.org<mailto:ctn-crosscom at icann.org>>
Cc: "gnso-secs at icann.org<mailto:gnso-secs at icann.org>" <gnso-secs at icann.org<mailto:gnso-secs at icann.org>>
Subject: [gnso-secs] Attendance MP3 CTN meeting - Wednesday 14th January 2015

Dear All,

 Please find the MP3 recording for the Cross-Community Working Group on Use of Country/Territory Names as TLDs meeting held on Wednesday 14th January 2015 at 11:00 UTC at: http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-ccwg-unct-20150114-en.mp3

On page:
<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#nov>http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#jan>jan<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#jan>

http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:

ccNSO
Ron Sherwood, .vi
Annebeth Lange, .no
Mirjana Tasic, .rs
Laura Hutchison, .uk
Grigori Saghyan, .am
Jordi Iparraguirre, ccNSO Council NomCom appointee
Paul Szyndler, .au (Co-Chair)
Daniel Kalchev, .bg

GNSO
Heather Forrest, IPC (Co-Chair)
Carlos Raul Guttierez, NPOC
Maxim Alzoba, NTAG

At-Large
Cheryl Langdon-Orr

ISO
Jaap Akkerhuis

Apologies:
Marika Konings

ICANN staff:
Bart Boswinkel
Lars Hoffman
Nathalie Peregrine

Wiki page:https://community.icann.org/x/X7XhAg

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Nathalie

Adobe Connect chat transcript for Wednesday 14 January 2015:
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Dear all, welcome to the Cross-Community Working Group on Use of Country/Territory Names as TLDs meeting on the 14th January 2015
  Bart Boswinkel:Hi All
  Ron Sherwood:Hi Bart.. hi all
  Grigori Saghyan:Hi all
  Jordi Iparraguirre:hi everyone!
  jaap Akkerhuis:Hi, Adobe works for me
  Laura Hutchison:Adobe working fine for me - I have no mic though so am only listening and on chat.
  Mirjana Tasic:Is it possible to speak using adobe connect, it seems that you don't hear me.
  Carlos Raul Gutierrez 2:now i'm in the room
  Carlos Raul Gutierrez 2:good morning
  jaap Akkerhuis:Srry about the noise
  Carlos Raul Gutierrez 2:Annabeth should lead then
  jaap Akkerhuis:There are reports that Adobe has problems with their DNS set up ...
  Carlos Raul Gutierrez 2:...DNS? of all things......
  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):Hello Everybody
  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):am I too late?
  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):for me the only stable browser is chrome (mac os x) ... opera and Safari die in few minutes
  Lars Hoffmann:@laura  - if you send me an email with your number i can have the operator dial out to you.
  Mirjana Tasic:I have jus sent you my phone no
  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):also skype to +1866-692-5726 works usually (free call)
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Mirjana, the opwrator is setting this up
  jaap Akkerhuis:Alpha-3 strings where always considered irrelevant in the early days of the internel, that is why the alpha-2 strings where picked
  Annebeth Lange:It might be a difference using 3-letter strings as representing countries, as 2-letter strings do today, and using them for generic purpose, as for the confusion issue.
  Mirjana Tasic:I have connected using Skype
  Carlos Raul Gutierrez 2:Bolivia used to have a coup d'etat evry other year.....
  Carlos Raul Gutierrez 2:now they only change names
  jaap Akkerhuis:Bolivia was just an example, thereareothers lesser know. There are around 5 to 10 changes that way each year
  Carlos Raul Gutierrez 2:As far as different cases are concerned, I would like to raise the similarities or differences in the backgorunds between .cat and .lat
  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):A question, does our field of interest covers only TLDs or ccTLDs too?
  Carlos Raul Gutierrez 2:Very well said by Annabeth, thank you
  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):Thank you for clarification
  Carlos Raul Gutierrez 2:thank you
  Jordi Iparraguirre:thanks!
  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):bye all
  Daniel Kalchev:bye bye