[Ctn-crosscom] With AC chat Attendance MP3 CTN meeting - Monday 8 June 2015

Nathalie Peregrine nathalie.peregrine at icann.org
Tue Jun 9 20:54:44 UTC 2015

Apologies, AC chat added

From: Nathalie Peregrine <nathalie.peregrine at icann.org<mailto:nathalie.peregrine at icann.org>>
Date: Tuesday, June 9, 2015 at 3:07 PM
To: "ctn-crosscom at icann.org<mailto:ctn-crosscom at icann.org>" <ctn-crosscom at icann.org<mailto:ctn-crosscom at icann.org>>
Cc: "gnso-secs at icann.org<mailto:gnso-secs at icann.org>" <gnso-secs at icann.org<mailto:gnso-secs at icann.org>>
Subject: [gnso-secs] Attendance MP3 CTN meeting - Monday 8 June 2015

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording for the Cross-Community Working Group on Use of Country/Territory Names as TLDs meeting held on Monday 8 June 2015 at 19:00 UTC at: http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-ctn-08jun15-en.mp3
On page:
<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#may>http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#jun>jun<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#jun>
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:
ccNSO
Ron Sherwood, .vi
Annebeth Lange, .no   (Co-Chair)
Joke Braeken, .eu
Jordi Iparraguirre, ccNSO Council NomCom appointee
Paul Szyndler, .au (Co-Chair)
 Mirjana Tasic, .rs

GNSO
Heather Forrest, IPC (Co-Chair)
Carlos Raul Guttierez, NPOC
Susan Payne NTAG
Griffin Barnett, IPC

At-Large
Cheryl Langdon-Orr

ISO
Jaap Akkerhuis

Apologies: none

ICANN staff:
Bart Boswinkel
Lars Hoffman
Patrick Jones
Nathalie Peregrine

Mailing list archives:http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/ctn-crosscom/
 Wiki page:https://community.icann.org/x/X7XhAg

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Nathalie

                                                ****************

Adobe Connect chat transcript for Monday 8 June 2015:
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Dear all, welcome to the CCWG on Use of Country/ Territory Names as TLDs on 8 June 2015
  Jordi Iparraguirre:hi!
  Annebeth Lange, ccNSO:Hi Jordi
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Please all remember to mute your phones and mics when not speaking, thank you!
  Bart Boswinkel:Dear all, Jaap and I will work on the text on procedure ISO 3166 MA on new entries into the list
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Laura Hutchison has joined the call
  Susan Payne:my mike does not work sorry  I will try to call in
  Lars Hoffmann:@susan - do you need a dial out?
  Joke Braeken:apologies : I missed the first few minutes, and had to dial in again. all fine now.
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Young Eum-Lee has joined the call
  Lars Hoffmann:this is our meeting in BA: http://buenosaires53.icann.org/en/schedule/mon-ctn
  Susan Payne:hi I finally managed to dial in, sorry for delay.  I will slot in at a suitable point
  Lars Hoffmann:thanks susan.
  Carlos Raul:blurring of the distintion and two separate governance regimes
  Laura Hutchison:Hi - sorry I don't have a working mic.  I can see Susan's point but agree with Annebeth's point that in the few instances where the ccTLD is operated more as a gTLD then that is down to the individual country choice. I would agreed that it needs to be referenced in the paper as something that blurs the lines of the general definitions.
  Susan Payne:Paul, there is still a GAC group, it may be a new one but it has had at least one meeting
  Susan Payne:I take your point it may not havebeen so active however
  Paul Szyndler:Susan: I couldnt recall the name of the "umbrella group" that sat over the one that was addressing geo issues. I understand all of the "subgroups" have been escalated in status. But then, its all just mechanics.....
  Susan Payne:ah, I misunderstood you, sorry.  I cannot recall name of the umbrella group either.  Future round issues perhaps
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:makes sense
  Lars Hoffmann:Here is the joint gnso-ccnso session.http://buenosaires53.icann.org/en/schedule/mon-ccnso-gnso-council
  Laura Hutchison: That sounds like a good suggestion from Lars.  It also means that if we can't manage to get GAC engagement in the WG, then we could at least see if we could get some written suggestions and thoughts on the key issues.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:indeed Laura
  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):apoligies, wrong time zone convertion
  Carlos Raul:coffee for Heather F.
  Young eum Lee:thanks
  Jordi Iparraguirre:ok, thanks and see you in BsAs!
  Susan Payne:Yes, safe trip everyone, see you in BA
  Mirjana Tasic .rs:bye
  jaap akkerhuis:Bye bye
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:safe travels
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:bye
  Ron Sherwood:Bye all, Thank you
  Laura Hutchison:Thanks and see everyone in Buenos Aires