[Ctn-crosscom] Attendance MP3 CTN meeting - Monday 02 March 2015

Nathalie Peregrine nathalie.peregrine at icann.org
Mon Mar 2 23:11:14 UTC 2015

Dear All,

 Please find the MP3 recording for the Cross-Community Working Group on Use of Country/Territory Names as TLDs meeting held on Monday 02 March 2015 at 11:00 UTC at: http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-ccwg-unct-02mar15-en.mp3

On page:
<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#nov><http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#jan>http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#mar><http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#jan>m<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#mar>ar<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#mar>

http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:

ccNSO
Ron Sherwood, .vi
Annebeth Lange, .no
Mirjana Tasic, .rs
Laura Hutchison, .uk
Young-Eum Lee, .kr
Joke Braeken, .eu

GNSO
Heather Forrest, IPC (Co-Chair)
Carlos Raul Guttierez, NPOC
Maxim Alzoba, NTAG
Griffin Barnett, IPC
Susan Payne, IPC

At-Large

ISO
Jaap Akkerhuis

Apologies:

ICANN staff:
Marika Konings
Patrick Jones
Bart Boswinkel
Lars Hoffman
Nathalie Peregrine

Wiki page:https://community.icann.org/x/X7XhAg

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Nathalie

Adobe Connect chat transcript for Monday 02 March 2015:
Lars Hoffmann:  Dear all, welcome to the Cross-Community Working Group on Use of Country/Territory Names as TLDs meeting on 2 March 2015

Maxim Alzoba (FAITID): hello

Maxim Alzoba (FAITID): do we have adobe audio?

Nathalie  Peregrine: AC audio will be connected in the next few mins

Nathalie  Peregrine: AC audio connected.

Annebeth Lange: Hi everyone!

Lars Hoffmann: Hello everyone!

Ron Sherwood: Hi, All

Nathalie  Peregrine: Hello Annebeth, the operator will be dialing out to you shortly

Carlos Raul (GNSO): hello

Carlos Raul (GNSO): disclaimer> this is mi 3rd ICANN call of the day

Maxim Alzoba ( FAITID ): please test audio

Carlos Raul (GNSO): so if I say something incoherent, it might just be incoherent...

Carlos Raul (GNSO): I can her you Lars

Carlos Raul (GNSO): Hear you

Lars Hoffmann: thanks carlos.

Maxim Alzoba ( FAITID ): will reconnect

Carlos Raul (GNSO): txs

Carlos Raul (GNSO): mic on mute now

jaap akkerhuis: Jaap here

Patrick Jones: Hi, on the call now

Laura Hutchison: HI, I've just joined the call

Laura Hutchison: I'm only listening as I'm at home and don't have a phone!

Joke Braeken: Hello everybody.

Nathalie  Peregrine: Young-eum Lee has joined the call

Young-eum Lee: Thanks for the announcement, Nathalie.

Nathalie  Peregrine: My pleasure!

Nathalie  Peregrine: Please all remember to mute your mics and phones when not talking

Nathalie  Peregrine: Susan Payne has joined the call

Lars Hoffmann: we will try our best to keep the monday for BA.

Laura Hutchison: Apologies - user error in posting to the list

Carlos Raul (GNSO): can you put it on the screen please?

Lars Hoffmann: carlos. the document should be up in the AC room.

Patrick Jones: Apologies, was dropped

jaap akkerhuis: I'm n the lline indeed

Carlos Raul (GNSO): thank you

Carlos Raul (GNSO): just having toruble with my external screen

Patrick Jones: My suggestions to the text were offered as clarifications, partly to clean up the language. I tried to avoid adding text to the pros/cons section as this is really for the group to add. Hopefully this helps trigger some discussion

jaap akkerhuis: Bart has his hand raised for a while ...

Lars Hoffmann: noted

Patrick Jones: Here is where I added the historical background on two-letter codes

jaap akkerhuis: There is no UN list!

Annebeth Lange: As I understood is Jon Postel used an existing list from the International Standardization Organisation, a list that originally was used for other purposes

Annebeth Lange: Was it radio stations?

Annebeth Lange: The sound is terrible, Jaap, impossible to hear what you are saying

jaap akkerhuis: (Was th sound over modulated? My compter crashed just before the call started)

Annebeth Lange: Jaap, you know a lot about this. Would it be possile for you to write this down and send it in?

Bart Boswinkel: Yes it was:-)

Annebeth Lange: I couldn't hear you. Too much interference.

Lars Hoffmann: no problem.

jaap akkerhuis: I will write this up but it will have a disclaimer that it is all from memory

Carlos Raul (GNSO): thank you jaap

Carlos Raul (GNSO): it is going to be very intersting

Carlos Raul (GNSO): I take your point annebeth

Young-eum Lee: I agree strongly with

Young-eum Lee: Annabeth.

Laura Hutchison: I agee with Annebeth too.

Annebeth Lange: Lars, will the chat be saved and distributed with the transcripts?

Maxim Alzoba ( FAITID ): bye all

Carlos Raul (GNSO): txs

Young-eum Lee: Bye all

Susan Payne: thank you