[Ctn-crosscom] Attendance MP3 CTN meeting - Monday 16 March 2015

Nathalie Peregrine nathalie.peregrine at icann.org
Tue Mar 17 08:44:34 UTC 2015

Dear All,

 Please find the MP3 recording for the Cross-Community Working Group on Use of Country/Territory Names as TLDs meeting held on Monday 16 March 2015 at 20:00 UTC at: http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-ccwg-unct-16mar15-en.mp3
On page:
<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#nov><http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#jan>http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#mar><http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#jan>m<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#mar>ar<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#mar>
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/
Attendees:
ccNSO
 Ron Sherwood, .vi
Annebeth Lange, .no
Mirjana Tasic, .rs
Laura Hutchison, .uk
Joke Braeken, .eu
Grigori Saghyan, .am
Paul Szyndler, .au
Mary Uduma, .ng
Jordi Iparraguirre, ccNSO Council NomCOm Appointee

GNSO
Heather Forrest, IPC (Co-Chair)
Carlos Raul Guttierez, NPOC
Maxim Alzoba, NTAG
Griffin Barnett, IPC
Colin O’Brien, IPC
Robin Gross, NCSG

At-Large
Cheryl Langdon-Orr

ISO
Jaap Akkerhuis

Apologies:
Susan Payne, IPC
Patrick Jones

ICANN staff:
Marika Konings
Bart Boswinkel
Nathalie Peregrine

Mailing list archives:http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/ctn-crosscom/
 Wiki page:https://community.icann.org/x/X7XhAg

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Nathalie

Adobe Connect chat transcript for Monday 16 March 2015:
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Dear all, welcome to the CCWG on Use of Country/ Territory Names as TLDs on the 16th March 2015
  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):Hello Everyone
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Hello Maxim!
  Annebeth Lange:Hello, this is Annebeth, tonight without a voice. I have a cold and have lost my voice completely. So my input will be in writing this time.
  Nathalie  Peregrine:sorry to hear that Annebeth, thanks for notifying us.
  Carlos Raul (GNSO):Rum?
  Carlos Raul (GNSO):Tequila?
  Annebeth Lange:Tea with honey for the time being
  Heather Forrest:Sorry to hear that you're unwell, Annebeth. It's a rough time of year for cold/flu
  Annebeth Lange:I just spent 3 days at Spitzbergen, I suppose that was too cold, even for me
  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):adobe audio works
  Nathalie  Peregrine:It does indeed, please remember to mute your mics and phones when not speaking!
  Annebeth Lange:Nathalie, I cannot hear anyone speaking. Could you let me know when it starts, so that I know the adobe audio works here?
  Nathalie  Peregrine:The AC audio already works
  Mary Uduma: Hello Goodevening All
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Annebeth, please try logging in and out of the AC room
  Heather Forrest:Welcome everyone, we will start very shortly
  Carlos Raul (GNSO):what document is this?????
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Ron Sherwood has joined the AC room
  Carlos Raul (GNSO):translation and transliteration?
  Annebeth Lange 2:For c) there should be both short and long forms, in my view.
  Annebeth Lange 2:OK
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Providing URL is my preference
  Annebeth Lange 2:I agree
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:AGree to adding  'Methodology' section here as well... soyes to PLaceholder
  Lars Hoffmann:very good. noted and will be added.
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Jordi Iparraguirre has joined the call
  Jordi Iparraguirre:hi, apologies for being late
  Annebeth Lange 2:That's a very good idea, Heather. I support that.
  Carlos Raul (GNSO):very good idea
  Carlos Raul (GNSO):definitions list
  Carlos Raul (GNSO):and we have the GACs sutdy...
  Annebeth Lange 2:But it is codes representing countries and territories
  Carlos Raul (GNSO):exacly
  Carlos Raul (GNSO):Jaap is right
  Carlos Raul (GNSO):was wikipedia
  Carlos Raul (GNSO):just codes, yes
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Yes we *must* do as Jaap says...
  Annebeth Lange 2:THe best place to find it is on the webpage of the International Standard Organization
  Heather Forrest:The full standard is not available on line; one must pay ISO a rather significant sum to acquire the standard
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:as one does with most Standards ;-)
  Carlos Raul (GNSO):we have money
  Carlos Raul (GNSO):we are ICANN
  Heather Forrest:Good point
  Annebeth Lange 2:Bart, I think you have the full ISO list, I mean we had it when we worked with the study group report
  Carlos Raul (GNSO):name in what language?
  Jordi Iparraguirre:I'd say ICANN already have the ISO stds that afrct our i dustry, right?
  Carlos Raul (GNSO):Suomi or Finnland?
  Carlos Raul (GNSO):not to mention the 4 names of switzerland
  Heather Forrest:Mirjana - would you like to comment?
  Carlos Raul (GNSO):she is on the list....
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Perhaps ensuring a Reference set in out CWG doc  should at leat reflect the refrences  from the ccNSO  Study  to assist reduce this potential confusion
  Carlos Raul (GNSO): UN languages. That is already a lot
  Carlos Raul (GNSO):we have to reference that too
  Annebeth Lange 2:And the languate of the specific country?
  Carlos Raul (GNSO):norge
  Annebeth Lange 2:Right
  jaap akkerhuis:The ISO database: https://www.iso.org/obp/ui/#search
  Carlos Raul (GNSO):Danke
  Carlos Raul (GNSO):the iso database recognizes Norge
  Carlos Raul (GNSO):suomi and svizzera. Good and smart list
  Mirjana Tasic:sorry I have problems with connection
  Carlos Raul (GNSO):thank you Jaap. In my view allnames realted to the codes should be considered restricted? or just the codes?
  Annebeth Lange 2:Heather, it is important to note that this group was not a cross community WG
  Annebeth Lange 2:The Reserved Names Group, I mean
  Annebeth Lange 2:Not at all, but just to remember that it not necessarily has the agreement of all communities
  Annebeth Lange 2:I think that is a good idea, Heather
  Annebeth Lange 2:Absolutely, Heather I agree on that
  Lars Hoffmann:of course. i'll amend, draft and get in touch
  Nathalie  Peregrine:30th March at 1900 UTC
  Annebeth Lange 2:I agree with you, Carlos. I have tried with my GAC representative, but it is not easy to get them involved
  Lars Hoffmann:yes.
  Annebeth Lange 2:The GAC has written in their Singapore Communique that they should work with us, but ...
  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):/i am afraid we won't be able to avoid interaction with the relevant GAC group
  Annebeth Lange 2:As we pointed out in Singapore, it would be very bad if we reached agreement in our WG and then GAC find another solution
  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):we could invite them or visit thier meeting
  Mary Uduma:@Anneberth +1
  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):if we are allowed next time
  Lars Hoffmann:i'll make sure a note will go out to the GAC beafore each of our meetings.
  Carlos Raul (GNSO):yes
  Carlos Raul (GNSO):we should try to keep the monday meeting
  Annebeth Lange 2:That would have been very useful
  Mary Uduma:The Chair should reach out to the GAC chair again.
  Annebeth Lange 2:I mean exchange of progress with the GAC
  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):it is really important to stay in touch with GAC and to understand current and new ideas
  Annebeth Lange 2:Thank you, Heather, for chairing the meeting. Excellent!
  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):thanks everybody
  Carlos Raul (GNSO):thanks
  Mary Uduma:Thanks and bye All
  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):bye
  Colin O'Brien:Nice job Heather!
  Mirjana Tasic:Bye
  Annebeth Lange 2:Bye
  Laura Hutchison:Thanks.  Bye
  Grigori Saghyan:Bye
  Joke Braeken:thank you. bye
  jaap akkerhuis:Bye all
  Robin Gross [GNSO]:thanks, Heather and all!  Bye!
  Jordi Iparraguirre:thank you, bye!
  Ron Sherwood:Thank you everyone... see you on the 30th Bye
  Bart Boswinkel:Bye all
  Heather Forrest:bye all, thank you