[Ctn-crosscom] ISO 3166-1 and IDN ccTLD

Bart Boswinkel bart.boswinkel at icann.org
Mon Mar 30 07:59:04 UTC 2015

Dear all,
To clarify:
To be ELIGIBLE for an IDN ccTLD, the country or territory has to be included in ISO 3166-1. This is the core of the reference to ISO 3166-1 inn the Fast track process or overall proposed policy. Note, this is only one of the requirements. The string itself has to be a meaningful representation of the name of the country or territory (in an official language of that country or territory): hence could be 2-3 or more characters.
Kind regards,
Bart