[Ctn-crosscom] Attendance MP3 CTN meeting - Monday 18 May 2015

Nathalie Peregrine nathalie.peregrine at icann.org
Tue May 19 07:08:15 UTC 2015

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording for the Cross-Community Working Group on Use of Country/Territory Names as TLDs meeting held on Monday 18 May 2015 at 20:00 UTC at: http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-ctn-18may15-en.mp3<http://mailer.samanage.com/wf/click?upn=NrFWbrBstcrPWP369qgbqlXiSKeL20xnUXzI03ZqpsstBjuY-2BBil2fiMx-2B2S8DQad7D9IOi-2BX-2BEuNNmSLDnpKQ-3D-3D_QuA5zZR9ZZ7J1F2FeF-2FOsgm1hgIDcBrAX2P7Ezxmql7ckJc4ios1-2BxObAoz2rzLSI3c4QB1NGo7bw7XrBjpRCbz74w4vzk48UxZMFoBBQBQaQ0ePdiOjdJ30sQNHkokOf-2F2p-2FBvMgKvMhzp-2B4u8fP-2BRrSytHe2KCf2HpQmtSbpezMgNTUG57PiORAPesOotpHA-2BC4pSmXJRsVmpbNaLqzp59Ca-2BzlNQ7FOm2BTwpJpHkCXIJo63Ua0kvK82-2BZufOXSgA1WSvj4eCKTk7oHsOeqEr9DITGyPtMgfLQ5DUbzM32T3hYGGOP19lVzPk3akqfcQmelaVujWNUkHje625JcKBxkUpfQaZiMOUrW3wiVuUtJZJLBrLvAEjgfwp3WXCYAy4uhWGFr97iZAqfGk-2BMUHUdixXwREE-2B93fOkPu22AllTG-2FZARPokSYNY1nq0InRJvuABPS-2Bmz-2F4uTDw8Ic9vHp4DuHpPeHF-2FKiT3tlI4TsoCYqgwiGu90-2FwLtFkWZL>
On page:
http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#may>m<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#may>ay<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#may>
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:
ccNSO
Ron Sherwood, .vi
Annebeth Lange, .no   (Co-Chair)
Joke Braeken, .eu

GNSO
Heather Forrest, IPC (Co-Chair)
Colin O`Brien, IPC
Carlos Raul Guttierez, NPOC
Maxim Alzoba, NTAG
Robin Gross, NCUC
Susan Payne NTAG

At-Large
Cheryl Langdon-Orr

ISO
Jaap Akkerhuis

GAC
Olga Cavalli

Apologies: Jordi Iparraguirre

ICANN staff:
Marika Konings
Bart Boswinkel
Lars Hoffman
Nathalie Peregrine
Ozan Sahin

Mailing list archives:http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/ctn-crosscom/
 Wiki page:https://community.icann.org/x/X7XhAg

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Nathalie

                                                ****************

Adobe Connect chat transcript for Monday 18 May 2015:

Lars Hoffmann: Dear all, welcome to the CCWG on Use of Country/ Territory Names as TLDs on 18 May 2015

Olga Cavalli - GAC Argentina: Hi Lars!

Ron Sherwood: Hi everyone

Bart Boswinkel (staff): Hi All

Nathalie  Peregrine: Welcome!

Olga Cavalli - GAC Argentina: how do I mute my phone?

Nathalie  Peregrine: *6

Nathalie  Peregrine: and then *6 again to unmute, it takes a few seconds to work though, so we'll keep this in mind when you raise your hand

Olga Cavalli - GAC Argentina: im on mute now thanks

Heather Forrest: Hello everyone, thank you for joining the call. We'll get started shortly.

Maxim Alzoba (FAITID): Hello Everyone

Olga Cavalli - GAC Argentina: hi has the document that was shown in the screen been sent by mail?

Bart Boswinkel (staff): @ Olga

Annebeth Lange, Norid: Annebeth here, can you hear me?

Heather Forrest: Not yet Annebeth

Bart Boswinkel (staff): Yes it was send Saturday

Carlos Raul (GNSO): yes Annebeth

Nathalie  Peregrine: Please remember to ute your AC mics when not speaking

Annebeth Lange, Norid: Awfully quiet out there. Cant hear you

Heather Forrest: Can you hear Nathalie speaking now?

Annebeth Lange, Norid: No

Maxim Alzoba (FAITID): positove

Annebeth Lange, Norid: OK now

Maxim Alzoba (FAITID): connected via adobe

Nathalie  Peregrine: Annebeth, when this hapens, it's worth logging out and back into the AC room

Nathalie  Peregrine: Marika Konings is also on the call

jaap akkerhuis: My Adobe connection is confused, I need to restart

Nathalie  Peregrine: Jaap, being on Firefox helps

Annebeth Lange, Norid: Bad sound, Bart

Annebeth Lange, Norid: Impossible to hear you, Barat

Heather Forrest: Annebeth- it might be your end

Heather Forrest: I hear Bart fine

Olga Cavalli - GAC Argentina: there is noise

Annebeth Lange, Norid: The sound goes back and forth, Bart

Nathalie  Peregrine: Please all mute your mics, the disturbance is coming from AC mics

Carlos Raul (GNSO): the "corsica" TLD has just been released

Nathalie  Peregrine: Annebeth, we can dial out to you if you are having AC audio issues

jaap akkerhuis: BAck on line. Stupid Adobe somtimes doesn;t honour the sound preferences

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: 'formative years'... In like it :-) :-) :-)

Annebeth Lange, Norid: You disappear, Bart

Nathalie  Peregrine: I hear Bart fine, so it is an issue with your AC audio

Nathalie  Peregrine: please close and re open the room

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: best get a dial out Annebeth...  that audio is stable

Nathalie  Peregrine: Annebet, please provide your nr via private message to me if you prefer

Olga Cavalli - GAC Argentina: hi can comments be made to this document? if so which is

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: good sound Jaap :-)

Olga Cavalli - GAC Argentina: the due date?

Heather Forrest: Sorry, Olga - not quite sure what you ean

Heather Forrest: mean

Nathalie  Peregrine: Please remember to start your names for transcription purposes

Nathalie  Peregrine: *state

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: all good. thanks Bart

Olga Cavalli - GAC Argentina: Heather, just to know if members of the CCWG can comment on the new revised text

Annebeth Lange, Norid: I am sorry, my net is awful tonight. The sound is falling out all the time. I haven't heard half of what has been said

Olga Cavalli - GAC Argentina: thanks Heather

Heather Forrest: Carlos - please comment

Nathalie  Peregrine: I have unmuted him

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: I trust that is indeed well understood Carlos... our work is not over yet!!!

Olga Cavalli - GAC Argentina: cannot hear annabeth

Heather Forrest: Annebeth - we cannot hear you

Heather Forrest: Can you hear me now?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: great :-)

Susan Payne: agree, think very useful to do this

Lars Hoffmann: @cheryl: notes and will amend for the next version.

Lars Hoffmann: *noted

Carlos Raul (GNSO): excel sheet

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: so to assist in doing what Annabeth proposes can staff send us the table as an extract

Annebeth Lange, Norid: Whendo

Annebeth Lange, Norid: When do you need input, Lars, to have it on a document for our next week

Carlos Raul (GNSO): so table can continue developing

Carlos Raul (GNSO): but text comments should come in by June 1st

Carlos Raul (GNSO): rotating times

Susan Payne: So by this Friday?

Carlos Raul (GNSO): morning for whom? UTC?

Annebeth Lange, Norid: Next wednesday

Susan Payne: ok thanks

Annebeth Lange, Norid: UTC, Carlos

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: we can but try...

Carlos Raul (GNSO): please be reminded that we have now Olga on Board in terms of times, and we want to respect everybody's 6 hours of sleep between midnight and sunrise

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: who gets that 6 hrs?  certainly not if you live in the southern hemisphere @carlos not in ICANN work!   thus the rotation / share the pain. being appreciated...

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: you need coffee perhaps @Heather

Annebeth Lange, Norid: I actually have a problem on the 1st June as I am in a CENTR meeting in Stockholm that I cannot avoid. Is it possible to have the meeting on the 2nd instead?

Susan Payne: Do we know when our meeting will be in BA yet?

Carlos Raul (GNSO): I mean 5 hours, because one of the slots used to start at my midnight, but it would be 3am for Olga. that's why we are all flying to Buenos Aires :)👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Susan Payne: thnx

Lars Hoffmann: @annebeth - let's coordinate the timing on-list after the call. i can send out a doodle to schedule the two remaining pre-BA calls.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: can do the 2nd if it avoids other calls  so OK for 1000-1100 UTC

Annebeth Lange, Norid: Great, Lars

Carlos Raul (GNSO): yes

Carlos Raul (GNSO): ok

Carlos Raul (GNSO): it was a comment to Olga

Heather Forrest: We couldn't hear you, Carlos

Heather Forrest: Let's try your sound again

Carlos Raul (GNSO): yes I'm on a mobile, the problem is on my side

Carlos Raul (GNSO): now I lost ALL audio

Carlos Raul (GNSO): sorry

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: good point @lars

Carlos Raul (GNSO): missed Lars point

Carlos Raul (GNSO): so please write it down

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: great thanks @Olga

Heather Forrest: @ Carlos - Lars asked whether the GAC WG was working on a definition of geographic and community names

Carlos Raul (GNSO): ok

Carlos Raul (GNSO): Daniel

Carlos Raul (GNSO): go ahead Susan

Susan Payne: I thinknCarlos is first

Heather Forrest: yes

Annebeth Lange, Norid: Carlos, we have not agreed in the group that this definition is what we end up with

Carlos Raul (GNSO): it is a proposal yes

Nathalie  Peregrine: @ Carlos i have muted your mic to cut the echo

Carlos Raul (GNSO): it is external, it is not a list, and it sets boundaries around country names

Carlos Raul (GNSO): sorry Nathalie, I'm on a lousy mobile connection with an even lousier y

Carlos Raul (GNSO): terminal

Nathalie  Peregrine: No worry Carlos! I just didn;t want you to think there was an issue

Carlos Raul (GNSO): no prob

Maxim Alzoba (FAITID): thanks everybody

Carlos Raul (GNSO): old hand, sorry

Olga Cavalli - GAC Argentina: bye thanks!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: good call thanks all... off to your well deserved coffee now @heather :-) :-) :-) bye!

Lars Hoffmann: Thanks everyone. I will send an email with a reminder of deadlines etc.

Annebeth Lange, Norid: Thanks everybody, and thanks to Heather for chairing the call!

jaap akkerhuis: Good, by all

Susan Payne: thanks, bye

Heather Forrest: Thank you everyone

Ron Sherwood: Bye everyone...