[Ctn-crosscom] Agenda next CWG-CTN. Monday, 11 April 2016 at 2100 UTC.

Storm, Ørnulf ornulf.storm at Nkom.no
Mon Apr 11 17:43:42 UTC 2016

Dear all,
I will not be able to attend the meeting today but I just wanted to provide you with some information about discussions in the GAC.

We have shared the draft Strawoman paper with the GAC. Several countries are against to lift the protection of the 3-letter country codes and others, based on previous discussion in the GAC, would investigate the possible use of the 3-letter code as an ccTLD. Therefore there are currently no GAC position on this issue at this point in time. The chair of WG on Country and Territory names, Olga Cavalli has put the use of 3-letter country codes on the agenda for discussion intersessionally before the Helsinki June meeting. The plan is to discuss a position in this WG to be able to forward this topic to be discussed in the GAC Plenary in Helsinki. The hope is to be able to provide a GAC consensus advice on this specific topic in Helsinki.

Regards,
Ørnulf Storm
GAC Norway

Fra: ctn-crosscom-bounces at icann.org [mailto:ctn-crosscom-bounces at icann.org] På vegne av Joke Braeken
Sendt: 8. april 2016 23:25
Til: ctn-crosscom at icann.org
Emne: [Ctn-crosscom] Agenda next CWG-CTN. Monday, 11 April 2016 at 2100 UTC.

Dear all,

The next meeting of the CWG on country and territory names as TLDs is scheduled on Monday, 11 April 2016 at 2100 UTC.

14:00 PDT, 17:00 EDT, 22:00 London, 23:00 CET, (Tuesday) 05:00 Beijing, (Tuesday) 07:00 Sydney.  For other places see:  http://tinyurl.com/zsqdbxt

AGENDA

  *   Welcome
  *   Discussion of the Strawman paper -  3 character codes as TLDs
  *   Next steps
  *   AOB
ADOBE CONNECT Room : https://icann.adobeconnect.com/cwg-country/
If you require a dial-out, please email gnso-secs at icann.org<mailto:gnso-secs at icann.org> with your preferred contact number.