[Ctn-crosscom] post-Helsinki strawman paper: next call scheduled for Monday 29 August, 21 UTC

Rosalia Morales rosalia.morales at nic.cr
Fri Aug 26 16:52:49 UTC 2016

Dear All,

Thank you for including me in this working group. I am looking forward to contributing to the discussion and views of ccTLDs.

As a new member to this WG and trying to catch up with the discussion, I share the concern of others in this thread related to the open participation of all stakeholders in the decision making process during the PDP. For example, according to Susan´s email:

¨In addition, as Heather has pointed out, the issue of geo names in future “rounds” of New gTLDs also already within the Charter of the Subsequent Procedures PDP which has a large number of participants (133) and is not limited to the GNSO but includes members of the ALAC, GAC and unaffiliated individuals.  I believe members of the ccNSO also already participate (even if not identified as such on the list of participants), since many ccTLD operators also have an interest in new gTLDs.  ¨.

If the process works as mentioned by Susan above, I don´t see a formal and accountable representation of the ccNSO in this discussion. I strongly believe the ccNSO needs to contribute and be included formally in all future discussions.

I would greatly appreciate if other members of this group could help me answer my concern of the formal representation of the ccNSO in the PDP process.

Best,
Rosalía