[Ctn-crosscom] post-Helsinki strawman paper: next call scheduled for Monday 29 August, 21 UTC

Maxim Alzoba m.alzoba at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 22:28:38 UTC 2016

Hi Timo,

I agree that GEOs were deployed with issues, but we should not mix local governments and big ones (latter have reps in GAC).

In my opinion we have situation where both sides a biased (one is protecting status quo, and the other is trying to shift the focus point).

And it looks like a conflict of interests (GNSO with desire to allow as much as possible and CCTLDs & GAC with desire to keep more that it is possible :)

IMHO
As a CWG we do not have power to rule this out, all we can it to produce clearly visible result (paper with options and outcomes), which will help with the next steps for the rest of the community.

Sincerely Yours,

Maxim Alzoba
Special projects manager,
International Relations Department,